Fatigued or Drowsy Driving: A Serious Threat to Motorists in Arizona
Table of contents show
Over 100,000 car accidents are caused each year by fatigued or drowsy drivers. Around three-fourths of those accidents result in serious injury or death to innocent injury victims. These accidents are especially dangerous and likely in on roadways like Interstate 10 or Arizona State Route 202 in Phoenix where commuters working late nights or the frequently intoxicated nightlife party crowd travels. Our Arizona injury attorneys have experience representing people who have been injured by the negligent or reckless behavior of fatigued or drowsy drivers. Because of our experience representing sleeping driver injury victims, we suggest that motorists observe the following in order to prevent accidents involving drowsy or fatigued drivers on Arizona roadways:
- If it is late at night and a vehicle appears to be driving in an unusual pattern, call the authorities. You may not only save your life but someone else’s life as well. Step up and be alert.
- If you find that you are becoming drowsy or tired behind the wheel, pull over. The cost of a cup of coffee or even a hotel room for the night is far less than the costs associated with criminal reckless driving charges or injuring someone that does not deserve it;
- Call an Uber/Lyft…or a Taxi. Fortunately, areas like Phoenixf, Arizona, Tuscon, Arizona and Flagstaff, Arizona have very active rideshare apps and getting a ride when you are tired is usually not a problem. This may change during busy times of the day or night, but usually, you can find a ride. If you are in a rural area or an area where rideshare apps do not service, calling an old-school taxi is still an option;
- Know your limits and have a backup plan. If you know you are working late or will be tired, make a plan. Ask a family member to drive you home or pick you up. Carpool with other workers or share a ride. Take whatever steps you can to save time and arrive home to your family;
- If you see signs of drowsy or fatigued driving by other motorists, do not hesitate to call the authorities or 911. These signs may include things like sudden acceleration/deceleration, speeding, weaving within or outside lanes of travel or causing accidents that could have been avoided by simply pulling over and resting.
Our Arizona Automobile Accident Attorneys are Standing by 24/7
There is no reason not to call us if you or a loved one have been injured by a sleeping or fatigued driver in Arizona. You will not owe us any money for the consultation. We frequently see Arizona injury victims who incur sizeable medical bills, miss time from work, and endure great pain and suffering from these accidents. Do not fight this battle alone! Our Arizona automobile accident attorneys have dealt with the common issues involving accidents caused by drowsy drivers. Our firm commitment is to give you precisely the same advice that we would give our family if they were injured in an Arizona automobile accident.
If you or a love-one have been injured or killed due to the negligence of an accident, please call our experienced injury attorneys 24/7 for a free consultation.
· Posted in Blog ·